Near Durham, North Carolina
Change your smile. Change your life.
Reach out to a specialist right now:
We Meet a Need in North Carolina
If you are considering tooth replacement, you have likely considered dental implants. But what are dental implants? And are they the right solution for you?
Dental implants are a type of tooth replacement that involves placing a metal post into the jawbone to serve as a new “root” for an artificial tooth. Once the post is in place, it can be used to support a permanent artificial tooth or teeth. Implants are a popular choice because they look and feel like natural teeth, and they do not require the surrounding teeth to be altered, as is necessary with other types of tooth replacements, such as bridges. In addition, implants can last a lifetime with proper care.
If you are missing one or more teeth and are considering dental implants, the first step is to consult an implant specialist to see if you are a good candidate for the procedure. Generally speaking, most healthy adults with good oral hygiene habits are candidates for dental implants.
Our location in Durham means we can serve the needs of the surrounding communities such as Raleigh and Greensboro.
Call now for more information by dialing 919.766.2547!
CALL NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
We Are a State-of-the-Art Facility
Our facility features ten operatories and offers many advantages not available in the Triangle area:
- Our dentists are specialists (Prosthodontists) that have years of advanced training in leading dental schools.
- All tooth replacement and tooth extraction services are performed in our practice – no referrals to other dentists.
- We have the most advanced imaging system available to produce accurate and safe mouth scans.
- Dental implants are custom crafted on-site by a Certified Dental Technician.
- State-of-the-art digital technology ensures great fit and function of every dental implant.
- Our advanced technology and processes generally allow dental implants to be delivered in just two visits.
Optional treatment is available for implants that support dental implants, providing greater stability and comfort.
Our mission is to serve the diverse community of North Carolinians in need of tooth replacement services and change lives by changing smiles.
Read Our Testimonials
“My experience with Local Start has been amazing thus far. Love my dentist, assistant and the entire staff. It’s not like going, getting the work done and that’s it. They get to know you personally and you them. Looking forward to going back and finishing treatment and I would recommend
Local Start dental to anyone.”
– BJ M.
“The doctors and staff were amazing. They were so helpful and kind. People like me need all the help we can get. My confidence will be completely reserved. And it will because of this amazing team and working with me. Thank you so much.”
– Stephanie M.
“My wife and I just recently started receiving treatment at Local start and couldn’t be more pleased with the way we’ve been treated. Everyone that works there is so nice and they really make u feel welcome. I would definitely refer them to my friends and family.”
– Carl & Jaime F.
Meet Our Team
Our Professional Dental Specialists
Our primary staff of two prosthodontists is supported by a comprehensive team that assists them in delivering quality tooth replacement services to our patients. Our dental specialists include:
- Dr. Mahmoud Serag, DDS, MS, FACP | Clinical Director | Former Director of Prosthodontics, East Carolina University of Dental Medicine | Board-certified Prosthodontist
- Dr. Lauren McKay, DDS, Ph.D. | Assistant Clinical Director | Clinical Prosthodontist | Assistant Professor, UNC Adams School of Dentistry
Professional dental implants and overdentures are available at Local Start Dental near Durham, NC, if you are ready to upgrade your smile because of missing teeth. Our goal is to change lives one smile at a time. Get started today!